Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Views on Mathematics
It is a broad, abstract subject that involved critical thinking and was a bit like learning a new language. I think math’s as complex and tough to understand, requiring step-by-step working in solving problems and investigational activities. I feel to calculate something accuracy in math’s difficult and it is time consuming. This is the fact that not all the content could be applied to real life, and the importance of trial and error methods.
My friends who are in group for them mathematics is a challenging subject, requiring concentration, familiarization with its formulas and symbols, and a lot of hard work because of its hierarchy of concepts. This group saw math’s as time consuming compared to other subjects, and particularly dependent on good teaching. They mentioned difficulty they had in understanding the topics and preparing for exams. However this group also mentioned the possibility of solving a variety of world problems by learning to translate words into mathematical expressions and emphasized that when basic concepts were understood learning became easier.
This is for the first time we are applying mathematics in a real life situation to calculate the nutrients present in the diet.

In the project class is divided into 6 groups. As my weight and height does not match with other students so madam suggested to do this activity individually.The calculations are simple applying simply unitary method like 1 chappatti = 20 gms then
3
chappatti = 3X20=60 gms This is how I have calculated the amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in my diet and then I took an average of seven days.

My findings are average carbohydrate= 250gms/day
Protein=75gms/day
Fat=150gms/day
After doing calculations now I am very comfortable with unitary method which is used in daily life.







No comments:

Post a Comment